Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Outreach Coordinator Job Description
Victor’s Vision understands that many supporters have the desire to raise awareness about the need for education in developing countries and to work with Victor’s Vision’s programming, but may not have the time in a professional setting. The Outreach Coordinator position is designed to give interested individuals the opportunity to work with Victor’s Vision within their busy schedules and make a valuable contribution to our cause. The Outreach Coordinator is a volunteer position; you will work directly with the Director of Fundraising and Internships and will collaborate within our network.
- Create and host at least one, preferably two, personal fundraising events and promote via social media and online advertising. Past events have included Zumba classes, bake sales, online crowdfunding, partnerships with local venues, and more!
- Attend and promote events in your local area hosted by other team members via social media, online advertising, and other advertising initiatives.
- Document & manage donors and prospective donors.
- Collaborate with local vendors to place and sell Victor’s Vision custom stationery and pottery plates/bowls within local stores.
- Work on additional administrative, partnership, outreach, and grant writing projects according to your interests, desires, and skillset. We work closely with volunteers to assess your professional goals and how your work with Victor's Vision can contribute towards building your desired skill sets.
- Attend check-ins with the Director of Fundraising and Internships (either remotely or in-person depending on location), bi-weekly.
- Creativity is encouraged! We want you to leverage your own networks and bring your own ideas to the table.
- This opportunity requires a minimum 3-month commitment with en estimated time commitment of 2-3 hours per week.
Our team is here to support you with fundraising ideas, informational fliers, and other support materials. Even small donations make a great impact at Victor’s Vision towards providing our students with scholarships and other resources needed to pursue their education. No amount of money or idea is too small to make a difference.
- Previous experience hosting fundraising and outreach events is preferred.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Self-initiative is highly desired, as this is a remotely based opportunity where self-accountability is a must.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Flexibility and ability to “think-on-one’s-feet”.
- Creativity and comfort in an innovative role is desired.
- Friendliness and willingness to meet new people.
- A passion for education and youth, and a desire to work within a mission-driven organization.
Successful completion of a volunteership with us will enable you to enjoy the following benefits:
· An invitation to visit Victor’s Vision in Chulucanas, Peru
· If desired for students: Academic credit, as coordinated with your academic institution
· If available, training in Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) software
· The ability to use Victor’s Vision as a reference for future job or university applications
· A customized working session on your cover letter and resume for future applications
· An endless amount of gratitude from our staff, students, and families!
How to Apply:
Rolling applications are accepted. Send your resume and cover letter to Emily Felsenthal by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org